PLACE #33 - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada



Saint John is one of many destinations I visited on my summer trip to Maritimes. 

 

I had to take a ferry through the bay of Fundy to get to saint John, which was a wonderful experience. The ferry was large and it felt like we were boarding the Titanic. The weather was very warm and the water was calm. I saw a few small whales splashing in the water. Saint john reminded me of Belfast Ireland. When I arrived to this city it was already dark and the weather was getting cold. As I walked through the streets of this industrial city I couldn't help but feel like I was back in Europe. 


The hotel where I stayed turned out to be a very old and luxurious Victorian house. It had a piano, old wood staircase and antiques.
My stay in Saint John was short but quite lovely.

In the summer of 2012 I travelled through the Maritimes with a few of my friends. We drove quite a bit on our trip through the East Coast of Canada - in total we drove more than 1800 kilometers. Here is a list of all places we visited on our trip:
1. Halifax, Nova Scotia
2. Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia
3. Saint John, New Brunswick
4. Hopewell Rocks National Park, New Brunswick (drive through only)
5. Charlottetown, Price Edward Island
6. Brackley Beach inside PEI Provincial Park, Price Edward Island (drive through only)
7. New Glasgow, Nova Scotia
8. Mabou, Nova Scotia (drive through only)
9. Cheticamp, Nova Scotia
10. Cape Bretton National Park, Nova Scotia (drive through only)
11. Baddeck, Nova Scotia

No comments:

Post a Comment