PLACE # 34 - Hopewell Rocks, Bay of Fundy, New Brunswick, Canada





 

Hopewell Rocks at the Bay of Fundy is one of many destinations I visited on my summer trip to Maritimes. 
I kept a detailed diary while on the road, please visit Discovering Maritimes blog for more information http://discovering-maritimes.blogspot.ca/

Click here to see more Maritimes photos.


Hopewell Rocks is probably one of the most photographed places in Canada. Hopewell Rocks National Park is located along the coast of the Bay of Fundy, which is home to the world’s highest tides. It was truly an amazing sight. I arrived to the destination during the high tide and saw massive rock formations sticking out of the water. 



Then I took a little break in the park nearby where I ate delicious lobster rolls and took a quick nap. Once the low tide came I took a walk on the bottom of the ocean. What a spectacular experience. not many people can say  that they've walked on the bottom of the ocean.

FYI:
In the summer of 2012 I travelled through the Maritimes with a few of my friends. We drove quite a bit on our trip through the East Coast of Canada - in total we drove more than 1800 kilometers. Here is a list of all places we visited on our trip:
1. Halifax, Nova Scotia
2. Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia
3. Saint John, New Brunswick
4. Hopewell Rocks National Park, New Brunswick (drive through only)
5. Charlottetown, Price Edward Island
6. Brackley Beach inside PEI Provincial Park, Price Edward Island (drive through only)
7. New Glasgow, Nova Scotia
8. Mabou, Nova Scotia (drive through only)
9. Cheticamp, Nova Scotia
10. Cape Bretton National Park, Nova Scotia (drive through only)
11. Baddeck, Nova Scotia

I kept a detailed diary while on the road, please visit Discovering Maritimes blog for more information http://discovering-maritimes.blogspot.ca/

Click here to see more Maritimes photos.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment