PLACE #32 - Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia, Canada




Annapolis Royal is a small  town located in the western part of Annapolis County, Nova Scotia. I had the pleasure of visiting Annapolis Royal on my way to New Brunswick and I was more than happy that I got to visit such an amazing place as this. 
I arrived to Annapolis Royal really late at night while it was raining, so  I was  really freaked out when I saw our Victorian style mansion where I were supposed to stay. Hillsdale House Inn is a very old guest house that was established in 1859 that also looked like it was directly from the pages of a mystery novel... This luxurious inn was very beautiful and authentic inside out. Complete with old oil paintings, antique furniture and gracious hosts.
After a night of restful sleep, I decided to take a walk through the charming small town on Annapolis Royal. This town was very small and  cozy, with tons of antique shops and small cafes. We walked by the famous Annapolis Royal Warf and visited local market. What  a great experience, I would love to stay there again.





FYI:
In the summer of 2012 I travelled through the Maritimes with a few of my friends. We drove quite a bit on our trip through the East Coast of Canada - in total we drove more than 1800 kilometers. Here is a list of all places we visited on our trip:
1. Halifax, Nova Scotia
2. Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia
3. Saint John, New Brunswick
4. Hopewell Rocks National Park, New Brunswick (drive through only)
5. Charlottetown, Price Edward Island
6. Brackley Beach inside PEI Provincial Park, Price Edward Island (drive through only)
7. New Glasgow, Nova Scotia
8. Mabou, Nova Scotia (drive through only)
9. Cheticamp, Nova Scotia
10. Cape Bretton National Park, Nova Scotia (drive through only)
11. Baddeck, Nova Scotia

I kept adetailed diary while on the road, please visit Discovering Maritimes  blog for more informationhttp://discovering-maritimes.blogspot.ca/


No comments:

Post a Comment