PLACE #31 - Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada



Peggy's Cove was a very small and scenic town. Total population is less than 50 people. This small fishing community is famous for its old lighthouse located on the massive rocks right by the ocean shore. Even though it was raining, I still enjoyed my visit to Peggy's Cove.  It felt like the time stood still in this place. Overall atmosphere was very calm and lovely. There isn't much to see in Peggy's Cove except for a beautiful Lighthouse and fisherman's boats docking by the small pier. However, it was worth the drive and I would highly recommend it to anyone.




On my way to Peggy's Cove I stopped by Mahoney Bay where I saw the famous three churches standing on the waterfront. Very beautiful and cozy town as well.




FYI:
In the summer of 2012 I travelled through the Maritimes with a few of my friends. We drove quite a bit on our trip through the East Coast of Canada - in total we drove more than 1800 kilometers. Here is a list of all places we visited on our trip:
1. Halifax, Nova Scotia
2. Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia
3. Saint John, New Brunswick
4. Hopewell Rocks National Park, New Brunswick (drive through only)
5. Charlottetown, Price Edward Island
6. Brackley Beach inside PEI Provincial Park, Price Edward Island (drive through only)
7. New Glasgow, Nova Scotia
8. Mabou, Nova Scotia (drive through only)
9. Cheticamp, Nova Scotia
10. Cape Bretton National Park, Nova Scotia (drive through only)
11. Baddeck, Nova Scotia

I kept adetailed diary while on the road, please visit Discovering Maritimes  blog for more informationhttp://discovering-maritimes.blogspot.ca/

Click here to see more Maritimes photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment