PLACE #29 - Washington, DC, United States



  


Washington turned out to be quite different from any other American city I've been to.  The first thing that stood out to me was how monumental and large most of the buildings were. "Supersized" is the word that came to mind while describing Washington. Most of the streets are very wide, about 3 lanes each way. Most, if not all, building were quite massive and took up a whole block.


The architecture was definitely quite interesting from monuments and famous landmarks to museums and monuments. There are tons of things to see in Washington. All museums and galleries are free, which makes it almost impossible to enjoy all of them in one trip. I guess I'll have to come back, and maybe not even just once.


As I mentioned, there is no shortage of monuments in Washington, below are some of the most recognizable structures in Washington.







 Washington is also a home to the World's largest library. Library of Congress is home for the original Gutenburg Bible .  I was quite excited to finally see this book created by first movable type in real life. Below are a few shots from the Library of Congress.



Overall, I loved Washington. It wasn't what I imagined it to be - in a good way. I might be back to visit more museums!

No comments:

Post a Comment