PLACE #41 - Porto, Portugal



In the spring of 2014 I embarked on a 2 week journey through Europe. Porto, Portugal was my first stop. Well, actually it was only a 10 hour layover on my way to Lisbon.

During my very short stay in Porto my travel companions and I walked through the curvy streets of the old parts of the city and enjoyed magnificent views of the Douro river from the famous King Louis the First bridge.


Most of the businesses seemed to be closed on Sunday. So we just wondered through the city, had some delicious Porto wine and carried on with our trip.




Porto is a small city and although we've been there only for a few hours I think I got a feel of what the city is like. Porto is very beautiful and  full of history, but it's very small city. I also think it's very laid back where it's easy to relax while enjoying an espresso or a glass of delicious port.

No comments:

Post a Comment