PLACE #36 - Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada



Cape Breton Island  is one of many destinations I visited on my summer trip to Maritimes. 







Cape Breton National Park, is by far the most stunning place we have seen! The landscape and nature reminded me of the trip to Ireland a few years ago. The rocky mountains, the greenery and the blue ocean - what a great view!

I booked a boat tour for whale watching in the Gulf of St. Lawrence, which turned out to be the most amazing thing I've done while on the trip.  The boat went out into the open water about 20 km away from the shore. At first I didn't see whales for about an hour or so and the boat was ready to turn around and leave, but then I suddenly saw a family of about 10 whales right beside our boat. I saw Pilot whales up close and was able to take some amazing photos. That was a very interesting experience, I loved it. I've always wanted to see whales and whale watching was on my Bucket List!







After the tour I had a picnic right on the cliff overlooking the ocean. What a great view!!! I also walked through the hiking trail where I saw a small waterfall hidden in a valley in the middle of a dense forest.




My day at the Cape Breton National Park was concluded with a dip in the ocean. The beach was located at Ingonish Bay and was situated directly on the Atlantic ocean. Clear sand and warm water were a perfect recipe for a swim.

The whole visit to Cape Breton felt like a Canadian Paradise. The nature was magnificent, the weather was spectacular and most importantly I had no cellphone reception! Cut off from the outside world I drove through the park's curvy roads and enjoyed the scenery.





As part of my Cabot Trail Experience I booked a "Puffin Boat Tour", which was simply the funnies tour of the trip. Family operated boat tour would take tourist out in the water to see an isolated island inhabited by various sea wild life including a very rear bird called Puffin.The Family duo of Father and Son made a big effort to keep the audience entertained. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone.




FYI:
In the summer of 2012 I travelled through the Maritimes with a few of my friends. We drove quite a bit on our trip through the East Coast of Canada - in total we drove more than 1800 kilometers. Here is a list of all places we visited on our trip:
1. Halifax, Nova Scotia
2. Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia
3. Saint John, New Brunswick
4. Hopewell Rocks National Park, New Brunswick (drive through only)
5. Charlottetown, Price Edward Island
6. Brackley Beach inside PEI Provincial Park, Price Edward Island (drive through only)
7. New Glasgow, Nova Scotia
8. Mabou, Nova Scotia (drive through only)
9. Cheticamp, Nova Scotia
10. Cape Bretton National Park, Nova Scotia (drive through only)
11. Baddeck, Nova Scotia

I kept a detailed diary while on the road, please visit Discovering Maritimes blog for more information http://discovering-maritimes.blogspot.ca/

Click here to see more Maritimes photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment