PLACE #24 - Philadelphia, PA, United States




Philadelphia is definitely known for its famous Philly Cheese Steak! That's pretty much the only thing I ate while I was there. Yes its delicious, but what most people may not know is the cultural and social significance that Philadelphia holds in the American History. And I'm not talking about the Rocky Stairs. Quick side note: Rocky Stairs are the stairs leading to the Museum of Natural History in Philadelphia which Rocky used to run up as part of his training routine. The view from the top of the stairs is absolutely gorgeous as it overlooks the whole city!

Above: Photo of the statue standing atop of the City Hall from a very interesting angle. William Penn (founder of the city) is depicted in this statue blessing the city with his right hand, only from this angle it looks very awkward.

Philadelphia is also known for being the city where "The Constitution" was drafted in. In fact, i visited the old city hall where our founding father sat down and drafted this important document. Liberty Bell is kept in this city to this day.

Philadelphia was also a home to may segnificant characters throughout the years, such as Benjamin Franklin and many more!

This was my first trip to Philadelphia and I stayed there for a couple of days, however, I enjoyed this short trip so much I would definitely like to come back.

Check out some of the photos form this trip here.


Another interesting detail I wasn't aware of is the Eastern State Penitentiary , which is known for its grand architecture and strict discipline, this was the world’s first true “penitentiary,” a prison designed to inspire penitence, or true regret, in the hearts of convicts.
Check out this link to see more photos from this abandoned prison.

Basically if you go there, make sure to stay for more than just two days, because that wasn't enough for me. I will post more once I go there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment